Team Leader | Plymouth
Team Leader, South West Community Services
Job reference: REQ001175
Date posted: 07/04/2021
Package: Free DBS, Perkbox, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression
We have a fantastic opportunity for a proactive individual to join us as a Care Team Leader in Plymouth.
Are you looking for work which is both rewarding and fun, supporting disabled adults and children to live with independence, choice, and with all the support they need?
Well, you’ve found the right company!
We are recruiting colleagues to provide bespoke support to people in their own homes who have complex healthcare needs. Attitudes are more important to us than experience and full training is provided to all successful applicants.
You will work with disabled adults and children, supporting a high quality personalised service. You will need to be flexible, reliable, respectful, working on your own and as part of a team. Happy to help with personal care, you will also support with household and social activities, providing everyday practical support to disabled individuals and their families.
At Salutem, we understand that providing our colleagues with a work life balance; to invest their freedom in what they love, benefits the care they give to the people using our services. Shifts run on a rolling rota over a 7 day week.
With us, you’re not just a care worker, you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support. We hope that you will be able to add to the team with your enthusiasm and interest.
All applicants must be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
We are looking for a candidate with Team leader experience and a strong track record of dealing with behavioural management.
In this role, you will need to:
- Be able to demonstrate a warm, person centred and affirmative approach to people with learning disabilities
- Administer medication in line with our procedures
- Demonstrate written communication skills, sufficient to contribute to a record keeping system
- Help people using our services with activities of daily living such as bathing and using the toilet
- Plan and participate in activities on and off site
- Team Lead and delegate appropriately when on shifts and take the role of management in the absence of the Registered Manager or Deputy Manager
- Complete regular staff supervision
- Key work and be involved in liaising with social workers and other agencies
- Compile reports and complete weekly and monthly reviews
- Providing On-Call in case of an emergency
- Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
- Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
- Are you LOYAL are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
- Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
- Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
- Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
You will have a Level 3 NVQ or be willing to work towards this with us.
We can offer:
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
- Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
- Internal progression opportunities
- Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Free DBS Check
We ensure that the people we support reach their full potential – and of course we’ll make sure that you reach yours. So make a great career move and come and join us at South West Community Services in making all the difference. It begins with your application!