Support Workers | Hereford
Day Support Worker, First Key Hereford
Job reference: REQ001306
Salary: £9.00 – £10.25 per hour
COVID-19 Vaccination, Free DBS, Perkbox, Employee Discounts, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression, Pension and more!
Apply now! Contact us today to find out more about a career in Care.
Want to be a part of the Outstanding-rated team at First Key Hereford?
We’ve got the perfect role for you!
About First Key Hereford:
First Key Hereford provides care at home and in the community for the individuals we support. We specialise in providing bespoke support for people with physical and learning disabilities, people living with dementia and people with mental health issues.
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.
Individuals we support become part of a Salutem family, where they can be themselves, thrive, and love the life they live. We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days and fulfilled lives for everyone at Salutem, and that includes those who work for us. The opportunities and prospects really are limitless, and that’s why you should consider becoming part of our family.
Our Support Workers are the heroes of our workforce. They are the ones who overcome daily challenges to achieve amazing outcomes for the people we support. Each day will be different as you get to know each unique individual, who you’ll support to lead a fulfilling lifestyle, helping them to learn and develop skills to build their confidence and independence. The main focus of your role is to enable those you support to have meaningful days, feeling empowered to live the life they love.
- Support our service users to achieve positive outcomes and to enable them to participate as full and active citizens in their local community.
- Write care plans and reports to ensure all the necessary information on each person is kept in a meaningful and accessible way.
- Work within policies and procedures to administer medication as required.
- Help people using services perform activities of personal care and activities of daily living such as bathing and using the toilet.
- Support adults with mental health and autistic spectrum conditions.
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
• Key Worker status
• Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
• Wagestream – our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
• Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
• Internal progression opportunities – We’re committed to supporting your learning and upskilling, and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
• Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
• Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.