Support Workers | Dorset
Support Workers | Mulberry & Dorset Community Services
Job reference: REQ001345
Salary: £9.44 per hour
Package: Free DBS, Perkbox, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression
Apply now! Contact us today to find out more about a career in Care.
Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of adults, then look no further as we have the role for you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a proactive individual to join us as a Support Worker at our care home in Gillingham, Dorset.
At Salutem, we understand that providing our colleagues with a work life balance; to invest their freedom in what they love, benefits the care they give to the people using our services. That’s why we’re looking for a flexible person on-the-go, to take a rewarding opportunity to learn new skills. Shifts run on a rolling rota over a 7 day week. Day, night and weekend shifts are available.
With us, you’re not just a care worker, you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support. We hope that you will be able to add to the team with your enthusiasm and willingness to learn as we believe the people we support deserve large and colourful lives.
You will be part of a trained team of support staff supporting customers with all aspects of their support i.e. assisting them with any medication, personal care requirements, drinks and meaningful activities.
- Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
- Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
- Are you LOYAL are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
- Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
- Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
- Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
- Level 2 NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards this. If you do not hold this qualification, the company will sponsor you to achieve this qualification.
At Salutem, we understand that providing our colleagues with a work life balance; to invest their freedom in what they love, benefits the care they give to the people using our services. Shifts run on a rolling rota over a 7 day week.
As an equal opportunities employer, our teams reflect the rich diversity of the people we care for, we welcome applications from all backgrounds, particularly applications from individuals with disabilities.
We take safeguarding seriously and follow a robust recruitment process, all applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
We can offer:
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
- Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
- Internal progression opportunities
- Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Free DBS Check
We ensure that the people we support reach their full potential – and of course we’ll make sure that you reach yours. So make a great career move and come and join us at Mulberry & Dorset Community Services in making all the difference. It begins with your application!