Support Workers | Devon
Support Workers | South West Community Services
Job reference: REQ001261
Location: Honiton & Dawlish, Devon
Salary: £9.19 – £10.44 per hour
Package: Free DBS, Perkbox, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression
“Hi! I’m a young man in my early 20s who is looking for a team of enthusiastic support workers to help me live my best life.
I have some support needs, but this does not stop me from being a happy, sociable, and active individual. I love to ask questions and like to communicate using some signs along with some occasional spoken words. I would like to think I have a great sense of humour and smile my way through the day.
If you would like to be part of my support team and like getting out and about, being active, chilling while watching the TV, and going out for drives, then please get in touch with our recruitment team!”
Apply now! Contact us today to find out more about a career in Care.
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker, you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Be able to demonstrate a warm, person centred and affirmative approach to people with learning and physical disabilities
- Administer medication in line with our procedures
- Demonstrate written communication skills, sufficient to contribute to a record keeping system
- Helping people using services perform activities of personal care and activities of daily living such as bathing and using the toilet.
In order to meet our expectations and to provide the highest quality of care for people using our services, we provide you with easily accessible training, in specialist fields, to reflect the individual needs of the people we support and your personal development.
- Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
- Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
- Are you LOYAL are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
- Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
- Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
- Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
- Full UK Driving Licence
At Salutem, we understand that providing our colleagues with a work life balance; to invest their freedom in what they love, benefits the care they give to the people using our services. Shifts run on a rolling rota over a 7 day week.
As an equal opportunities employer, our teams reflect the rich diversity of the people we care for, we welcome applications from all backgrounds, particularly applications from individuals with disabilities.
We take safeguarding seriously and follow a robust recruitment process, all applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
We can offer:
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
- Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
- Internal progression opportunities
- Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Free DBS Check
We ensure that the people we support reach their full potential – and of course we’ll make sure that you reach yours. So make a great career move and come and join us at South West Community Services in making all the difference. It begins with your application!