Support Workers | Bedford
Job title: Support Worker & Flexi Bank Night Support Worker
Job references: REQ001313, REQ001312
Salary: £9.19 – £10.44 per hour
Free DBS, Perkbox, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression
Apply now! Contact us today to find out more about a career in Care.
We are looking for Support Workers to join our small friendly team supporting and providing care and accommodation to young people with learning disabilities and related complex needs in our children’s home.
We offer a safe and family orientated environment for children aged 8 – 18 years It is a challenging role but can be hugely rewarding – making a difference to a young person’s life.
You must be 23 years or older to apply for this position due to current children’s care home guidelines.
At Salutem, we understand that providing our colleagues with a work life balance; to invest their freedom in what they love, benefits the care they give to the people using our services. That’s why we’re looking for a flexible person on-the-go, to take a rewarding opportunity to learn new skills.
With us, you’re not just a care worker, you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support. We hope that you will be able to add to the team with your enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
As a Support Worker your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with a group of children/young people within the home environment and playing an active role in assessing their potential, designing and implementing all aspects of care programmes.
- Supporting and caring for children/young people who require 24-hour residential care.
- Playing an important role in promoting and maximising the capabilities of the children, including the learning and safety aspects and all key areas of development for all individuals living at the home.
- Demonstrating a warm, person centred and affirmative approach to young people with physical disabilities
- Administering medication in line with our procedures
- Demonstrating written communication skills, sufficient to contribute to a record keeping system
- Helping people using services perform activities of personal care and activities of daily living such as bathing and using the toilet.
Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous however more important to us is the values that you hold:
- Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
Are you LOYAL are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
Preferably you will hold an NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce.
- To comply with the Children’s Homes Standards, you must be at least 23 years old.
- Manual Driving Licence
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. All applicants must be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
What we offer you:
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Training/Qualification Opportunities- In addition to the company induction, those that are new to care will also be supported to complete the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare.
- Bespoke specialist training – reflecting the needs of the service and supporting your personal development.
- Internal progression opportunities
- Perkbox -We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, which includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Pensions and Employer Pension contribution
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holiday
We’re passionate about putting a smile on the faces of the people we support every day, and ensure that the people we support reach their full potential. As part of the Salutem family, we’ll also make sure that you reach yours.
Apply today and join us in supporting young people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives!