Support Worker | Harwich
Job reference REQ000910
Date posted 28/10/2020
Application closing date –
Salary From £18,907.20 per year
Free DBS Check, Perkbox, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression, Induction, Employee Support Helpline, Pension
We are looking for Youth Support Workers to join our small friendly team supporting young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties. It’s a challenging role but can be hugely rewarding – making a difference to a young person’s life.
You must be 23 years or older to apply for this position due to current children’s care home guidelines.
Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous however more important to us is the values that you hold.
- Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
- Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
- Are you LOYAL are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
- Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
- Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
- Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All offers of employment are subject to rigorous pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS, in line with our stringent safer recruitment policy. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, those that are new to care will also be supported to complete the Care Certificate. You will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development
- Internal progression opportunities
- Induction – Support Workers joining us will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to their specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- We’re passionate about putting a smile on the faces of the people we support every day. If you are too, then apply today to join our team!