Senior Support Worker | Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Senior Support Worker, Ashurst
Job reference: REQ001360
Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Salary: £10.69 per hour
COVID-19 Vaccination, Free DBS, Perkbox, Employee Discounts, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression, Pension, and more!
Apply now! Contact us today to find out more about a career in Care.
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker to join us at Ashurst in Hitchin.
Come and support people to live a life they love!
Ashurst is a 5-bed supported living bungalow in Hitchin, Herts, providing care and support for adults with learning and physical disabilities.
The bungalow is equipped with modern facilities, including over tracking hoists, sound and vibration call alarms and underfloor heating. Bedrooms are air conditioned, light and air. The individuals we support are encouraged to personalise their rooms and decorate them to reflect their own personality.
Outdoors there is a paved, level patio area, large garden and vegetable patch. There is parking on site for seven cars. The service is a few minutes from Hitchin High Street where there is access to local shops and leisure activities.
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.
Individuals we support become part of a Salutem family, where they can be themselves, thrive, and love the life they live. We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days and fulfilled lives for everyone at Salutem, and that includes those who work for us. The opportunities and prospects really are limitless, and that is why you should consider becoming part of our family.
All our Support Workers are the heroes of our workforce. They are the ones who overcome daily challenges to achieve amazing outcomes for the people we support. Each day will be different, and the main focus of your role is to enable those you support to have meaningful days, feeling empowered to live the life they love.
You will be part of a trained team of staff and your main duties will be to:
- Prioritise the general workload and delegate tasks to team members.
- Responsible to the Managers for the general running of the home and to keep the Managers appraised of all issues, concerns and developments.
- Manage difficult situations, both physically and emotionally and give support to colleagues in such circumstances.
- Be a role model for more junior members of staff.
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker – you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
• COVID-19 Vaccination
• Key Worker status
• Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
• Wagestream – our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
• Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach.
• Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
• Internal progression opportunities – We’re committed to supporting your learning and upskilling, and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
• Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
• Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
• Free parking on-site
If you’re looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, please apply now!