Senior Support Worker | Harwich
Senior Support Worker
Job reference: REQ001299
Date posted: 21/05/2021
Location: Harwich, Essex
Salary: £10.69 – £11.79 per hour
Free DBS, Perkbox, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression
Apply now! Contact us today to find out more about a career in Care.
Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of Children? Then look no further as we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Senior Residential Youth Worker to join the staff team in our children’s home. We offer a safe and family orientated environment for children aged from 7 to 18 years. The home supports young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties and complex needs.
Whether you’re starting your career or are a seasoned Support Worker, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills.
You must be 23 years or older to apply for this position due to current children’s care home guidelines.
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker, you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support
As a Senior, you will be expected to lead and delegate appropriately when on shifts. You’ll also be responsible for completing regular staff supervisions, providing On-Call in case of emergency, covering in the absence of the home’s manager or deputy, and planning and participating in activities on and off site.
We believe in an ethos of positive role modelling in all aspects of our daily work life to help encourage the young people in our care to fulfil their potential as they transition to adulthood. Having a patient and understanding nature as well as good sense of humour is a must.
As a senior residential youth worker, you will be expected to key work and liaise with social workers and other agencies, which involves compiling reports and completing weekly and monthly reviews, so computer skills and a good level of literacy is required.
- Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
- Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
- Are you LOYAL are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
- Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
- Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
- Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
Professional Qualifications and Essential Requirements:
- To comply with the Children’s Homes Standards applicants must be at least 23 years old.
- Preferably you’ll hold an NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce and have a minimum of a year’s experience working in a children’s home.
Manual Driving Licence.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. All applicants must be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
What we offer:
- COVID 19 Vaccination
- Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, those that are new to care will also be supported to complete the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare.
- You will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
- Internal progression opportunities
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Employer Pension contribution
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holiday
We’re passionate about putting a smile on the faces of the people we support every day. If you are looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, apply now!