Senior Support Worker | Alfreton
Senior Support Worker, Ash Lea House
Job reference: REQ001439
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Salary: £10.72 per hour
COVID-19 Vaccination, Free DBS, Perkbox, Employee Discounts, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression, Pension, and more!
Apply now! Contact us today to find out more about a career in Care.
Could this be the perfect role for you?
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker to join us at Ash Lea House in Alfreton!
About Ash Lea House:
Ash Lea House is a 13-bed residential care home in Alfreton, providing a caring, supportive and stimulating environment for adults with learning disabilities, autism and physical disabilities.
Ash Lea House offers person-centred care and support, with experienced staff who are well equipped to provide complex care support through our robust training and development programmes. Our care and support ensures the individuals we support can live a happy and fulfilling lifestyle as independently as possible.
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.
Individuals we support become part of a Salutem family, where they can be themselves, thrive, and love the life they live. We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days and fulfilled lives for everyone at Salutem, and that includes those who work for us. The opportunities and prospects really are limitless, and that is why you should consider becoming part of our family.
Our Support Workers are the heroes of our workforce. They are the ones who overcome daily challenges to achieve amazing outcomes for the people we support. Each day will be different, and the main focus of your role is to enable those you support to have meaningful days, feeling empowered to live the life they love.
Your main duties will be:
- To prioritise the general workload and to delegate tasks to staff members
- To deputise in the absence of the Manager and Team Leader
- To support and supervise staff on a day-to-day basis to meet the needs of the individuals we support
- To be a role model for more junior members of staff
- To be able to manage situations, which present challenge, both physically and emotionally and to give support to colleagues in such circumstances
At Salutem, you are not just a care worker – you are a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
• COVID-19 Vaccination
• Key Worker status
• Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
• Wagestream – our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
• Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role.
• Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
• Internal progression opportunities – We’re committed to supporting your learning and upskilling, and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
We’re passionate about putting a smile on the faces of the people we support every day.
If you are too, then apply today and join our team!