Registered Manager | Pinner, Greater London
Registered Manager, Greenways
Job reference: REQ001278
Location: Pinner, Middlesex
Salary: £36,000 – £38,000 per annum
Free DBS, Perkbox, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression
Apply now! Contact us today to find out more about a career in Care.
Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of adults? Then look no further as we have the role for you!
We’re looking for an experienced Registered Manager to lead the team at our 16-bed residential care home in Pinner, Middlesex. This role will allow the successful candidate to mould, drive and develop the residential home and take it to outstanding. In return we are offering a fantastic support structure, training and remuneration package for the successful applicant who can demonstrate the behaviours and values we present across our organisation.
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker, you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained and drive for continuous improvement at all times, using C360 to report issues as they arise.
- Ensure that all audits are carried out in accordance with Pathway’s agreed quality framework.
- Effectively manage the team through coaching, mentorship and development to inspire, and motivate, dealing effectively with performance issues when they arise.
- Ensure that robust rostering and maintenance is in place to allow efficient running. To recruit appropriate staff where necessary. Be ‘on-call’ for emergencies, which may arise within the service, and to cover shifts if all other avenues have been exhausted.
- Maintain control of the budgetary spend within the service through regular monitoring.
- Effectively manage relationships with service users, their families, and people within the local community and with professional colleagues.
- Provide reports and updates to the Divisional Support Manager, Divisional Director of Education and other head office staff on the service’s performance and development.
- Deliver optimum operational efficiency and cost effectiveness within the service.
- Effectively monitor the care and support planning and on-going evaluation of support.
- Ensure staff records (including Holiday records) are maintained in accordance with GR procedures.
- Actively market the service and promote a positive personal professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the organisation at all times.
- Ensure staff members receive appropriate training in all aspects of their work and are given help and guidance where appropriate. Promote staff training and development and maintain up to date records.
- Be responsible for infection control management. Monitor and review accident reports, ensuring regulatory bodies are informed of incidents when necessary e.g. Health Authorities/Boards, Environmental/Public Health, safeguarding boards, as well as adhering to internal reporting procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the local authority regulatory requirements. Prepare draft response to internal/ external Inspection Reports for approval by responsible Individual prior to issue.
- Control the auditing and administration of drugs within the service and maintain the necessary records as and when required by the regulatory authorities, in line with NICE guidance and the legal framework.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with Pathways Care policies, procedures and practice with particular regard to health and safety at work, health and hygiene, vulnerable adult protection, dignity and respect and equal opportunities.
This is an outline of the post holder’s key duties and responsibilities. It is not intended as an exhaustive list and may change according to service needs, following discussion with the post holder.
- Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
- Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
- Are you LOYAL are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
- Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
- Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
- Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
- Level 1 Nurse (Nursing Care Centre) or NVQ Level 3 in Care of the Elderly (Residential Care Centre)
- Leadership and Management Award or equivalent (achieved/working towards)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people. All applicants must be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
What we offer:
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, those that are new to care will also be supported to complete the Care Certificate. You will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development
- Internal progression opportunities
- Induction – Support Workers joining us will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to their specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
We’re passionate about putting a smile on the faces of the people we support every day. If you are too, then apply today and join our family!