Registered Nurse | Cardiff
Job title: Nurse
Job reference: REQ000933
Date posted: 01/07/2021
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Free DBS, Pension, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Perkbox
Apply now! Contact us today to find out more about a career in Care.
Kirsten Molcher, Clinical Lead at Lewis Martin Court in Cardiff, joined the Salutem family at the beginning of the pandemic looking for a change and exciting new opportunity. After qualifying 22 years ago, being a Clinical Manager for over 13 years and having worked in various NHS settings throughout her career, Kirsten tells us what it’s been like switching from public to private and providing one-to-one support for young people in their homes.
“Working for Salutem Care & Education is very different from where I have worked previously, especially the overall ethos and work culture. It is far less clinical than other settings I’ve worked in, and there is more of a focus on the social model and creating relationships with the young individuals we support, which is great for their care and quality of life. I work with a great team with more autonomy, and I’m able to use my skills to their full ability as I have the responsibility of being in charge of all aspects of clinical care.
For me, the best aspect of working at Lewis Martin Court is that when I was a paediatric nurse with the NHS, I nursed many of the young adults I support now when they were younger, and now I get to support them every day in the comforts of their home – so I feel like I have come full circle!
My role as part of the internal staff team at the home is very rewarding, more so than my roles with the NHS. The individuals we support here are amazing and it is an honour to be part of their lives.”
Full time and part time positions available.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your nursing skills to make a difference to the lives of the disabled children and young people we support!
We are looking for a qualified nurse to join our school and residential team working with disabled children who have a range of complex health needs. Ty Cwtch is a children’s home and short break provision linked to a school. We take a bespoke person-centred approach. The children/young people we support have complex health needs and that’s where your nursing skills will come in.
As part of our nursing team for our children and young people ,you’ll be putting together health care plans, protocols, risk assessments and liaising with the multi-disciplinary team from the health authority and other outside agencies who support that individual. You will work closely with our in-house therapy team and school/ support staff to ensure a holistic approach is delivered. You’ll be administering medications, carrying out other nursing procedures and providing psychological support but you’ll also be key to enabling the young people to access the community by accompanying the children and young people to access the community and have fun with whatever they want to do. Your role will also entail training and educating support staff to deliver delegated clinical tasks.
Our day shifts cover 07.45 to 20.15 however shorter shifts can be worked within these times. Our night shifts are from 19.45 – 08.15. We believe flexibility works both ways so whilst shifts need to be covered, we work within the team to ensure other commitments can be honoured as they arise.
You’ll need to have a solution focused approach, excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude and a willingness to challenge yourself to develop new skills.
- NMC (Required)
About us and what we offer you:
Ambito Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All offers of employment are subject to rigorous pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS, in line with our stringent safer recruitment policy.
We offer you:
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and wellbeing and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Induction – Support Workers joining us will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to their specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach.
- Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, those that are new to care will also be supported to complete the Care Certificate. You will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
- Mentorship programme – We have close links with the local University and offer a mentorship programme, provided by the university to enable us to mentor student nurses.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Internal progression opportunities
If you are looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, please apply.
Our Ref: #nursecampaign321