Night Support Worker | Torquay
Support Workers | The Tobias Centre
Job reference: REQ001110
Location: Torquay, Devon
Salary: £9.00 – £10.25 per hour, dependent on experience
Package: Wagestream, Perkbox, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression, Pension and more.
Apply now! Contact us today to find out more about a career in Care.
Looking for a career in Care?
Join our dynamic and fantastic team in Torquay and support people to live their best lives!
About The Tobias Centre:
The Tobias Centre is a 7-bed community residential care home in Torquay, Devon. The home provides support for individuals who have a diagnosis of a learning disability, and who may also have autistic spectrum disorder with associated sensory needs.
Tobias is a large detached house in a quiet residential area of Torquay. Within the home, there are two self-contained flats with private gardens to support individuals who may find it difficult to share communal spaces.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Be able to demonstrate a warm, person centred and affirmative approach to people with learning disabilities
- Administer medication in line with our procedures
- Demonstrate written communication skills, sufficient to contribute to a record keeping system
- Help people using our services with activities of daily living such as bathing and using the toilet.
To ensure the highest quality of care for the people we support we will provide you with easily accessible training, including bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of people using services and your personal development.
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.
Individuals we support become part of a Salutem family, where they can be themselves, thrive, and love the life they live. We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days and fulfilled lives for everyone at Salutem, and that includes those who work for us. The opportunities and prospects really are limitless, and that’s why you should consider becoming part of our family.
With us, you’re not just a care worker, you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Key Worker status
- Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
- Wagestream – our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
- Training & Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
- Internal Progression Opportunities – We’re committed to supporting your learning and upskilling, and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
- Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach.
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
If you’re looking to take the next step in your career and would like to be a part of the inclusive and diverse Salutem family, apply now!