Night Support Worker | Harwich
Night Youth Support Worker
Job reference REQ000921
Date posted 06/11/2020
Application closing date –
Salary £9.22 per hour
Free DBS Check, Pension, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Perkbox
Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of children and young people? Then look no further as we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Night Youth Support Worker to join our small friendly team supporting young people with Learning Disabilities in our residential children’s home. We offer a safe and family orientated environment for children aged from 8 to 18 years. It is a challenging role but can be hugely rewarding – making a difference to a young person’s life.
At Salutem, we understand that providing our colleagues with a work life balance; to invest their freedom in what they love, benefits the care they give to the people using our services. That’s why we’re looking for a flexible person on-the-go, to take a rewarding opportunity to learn new skills.
With us, you’re not just a care worker, you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support. We hope that you will be able to add to the team with your enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
You must be 23 years or older to apply for this position due to current children’s care home guidelines.
Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous however more important to us is the values that you hold.
- Be able to demonstrate a warm, person centred and affirmative approach to people with learning disabilities
- Administer medication in line with our procedures
- Demonstrate written communication skills, sufficient to contribute to a record keeping system
- Help people using our services with activities of daily living such as bathing and using the toilet
- Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
- Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
- Are you LOYAL are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
- Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
- Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
- Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
- You must be patient and understanding, as well as have a humoured good nature.
- You must hold a current full manual driving licence and be prepared to drive as part of the work.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All offers of employment are subject to rigorous pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS, in line with our stringent safer recruitment policy. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Preferably you will hold an NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce.
Manual Driving Licence
If you are looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, please apply.
Similar Roles at Salutem..
We have a fantastic opportunity for a proactive individual to join us as a Deputy Manager at our New Residential Children’s home, this is an exciting time to join the team and you will be joining a new Service Manager on a journey to take the home to Outstanding....