Driver / Gardener | Nottingham
Driver / Gardener | Greenfields
Job reference: REQ001189
Location: Newark on Trent, Nottingham
Salary: £9.00 per hour
COVID-19 Vaccination, Free DBS, Perkbox, Employee Discounts, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression, Pension
Apply now! Contact us today to find out more about a career in Care.
Want to make a difference?
Join us in Newark, Nottingham to support people to live the life they love!
Greenfields Close is a spacious 28-bed residential care home in Nottingham, providing support for adults with learning disabilities, autism, mental health issues, physical disabilities, and complex care needs. The home provides a high level of support to enable all the people we support to meet their personal goals and future aspirations.
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.
Individuals we support become part of a Salutem family, where they can be themselves, thrive, and love the life they live. We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days and fulfilled lives for everyone at Salutem, and that includes those who work for us. The opportunities and prospects really are limitless, and that’s why you should consider becoming part of our family.
We are looking for an experienced driver and gardener to help the people we support to access the community.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Always ensuring the vehicles are clean and maintained in accordance with our health and safety standards and if time permits carrying out some general maintenance.
- Maintaining the large garden areas around the site to ensure the people we support are kept safe.
You’ll need to hold a full driving licence which allows you to drive manual minibuses in the U.K. A MIDAS or equivalent qualification and knowledge of using wheelchair restraints in vehicles is also desirable.
At Salutem, you are not just a care worker – you are a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
• COVID-19 Vaccination
• Key Worker status
• Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
• Wagestream – our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
• Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
• Internal progression opportunities – We’re committed to supporting your learning and upskilling, and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
• Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
• Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
• Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
• Free parking on-site
If you are looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, please apply now!