Deputy Manager | Nottingham
Deputy Manager | Greenfields
Job reference: REQ001452
Location: Newark on Trent, Nottingham
Salary: £26,000 per annum
COVID-19 Vaccination, Free DBS, Perkbox, Employee Discounts, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression, Pension
Apply now! Contact us today to find out more about a career in Care.
Could this be the perfect role for you?
We’re looking for a Deputy Manager to join us at Greenfields residential home in Newark!
Greenfields Close is a spacious 28-bed residential care home in Nottingham, providing support for adults with learning disabilities, autism, mental health issues, physical disabilities, and complex care needs. The home provides a high level of support to enable all the people we support to meet their personal goals and future aspirations.
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.
Individuals we support become part of a Salutem family, where they can be themselves, thrive, and love the life they live. We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days and fulfilled lives for everyone at Salutem, and that includes those who work for us. The opportunities and prospects really are limitless, and that’s why you should consider becoming part of our family.
Our Support Workers are the heroes of our workforce. They are the ones who overcome daily challenges to achieve amazing outcomes for the people we support. Each day will be different, and the focus of your role is to enable those you support to have meaningful days, feeling empowered to live the life they love.
As a Deputy Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- To support the Registered Manager to monitor and support the delivery of person centered services to all people using our service within your defined area.
- To support the Registered Manager to monitor and support the health and safety of both people using the service and support staff.
- To support the Registered Manager to ensure that the actions of all staff directly supporting people using the service support their care, protection and well-being, and in compliance with external regulations, standards and monitoring bodies.
- To provide supervision to the support workers through effective recruitment and selection, inductions, coaching and performance management.
- To develop knowledge and skill of staff teams through delivering effective inductions, including the Care Certificate and providing mandatory & service specific training as and when required.
- To use the IT system available to support the Registered Manager to effectively manage your staff teams, incidents, quality assurance, training and occupancy.
- To develop own knowledge and practice relative to continuous service improvement & self-development.
- Work within identified methods and systems to promote effective communication and engagement with individuals and key people
At Salutem, you are not just a care worker – you are a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
• COVID-19 Vaccination
• Key Worker status
• Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
• Wagestream – our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
• Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
• Internal progression opportunities – We’re committed to supporting your learning and upskilling, and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
• Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
• Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
• Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
• Free parking on-site
If you are looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, please apply now!