Children’s Speech and Language Therapist
Children’s Speech and Language Therapist
Job reference REQ000439
Date posted 23/12/2020
Application closing date
Salary From £37,890.00 per year
Free DBS Perkbox Training and Qualification Opportunities Internal Progression
Job category/type Support
Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of Children, then look no further as we have the role for you!
Full or part-time working will be considered. 39 weeks working arrangement. The post is a permanent role.
Ingfield Manor School is a day and weekly boarding school for 60 pupils and students age 3-19 with neuro-motor impairments such as cerebral palsy. We are one of the UK’s leading Conductive Education providers.
We require an experienced HCPC registered speech and language therapist to lead on service development initiatives and evidenced based practice around dysphagia management. You will clinically support other speech and language therapy colleagues at the school, lead on training specific to eating and drinking needs and work towards embedding practice amongst all school staff.
The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of the IDDSI framework and should be at minimum level ‘C’ in accordance with the RCSLT Dysphagia competency Framework. You should have knowledge of supporting young people with a total communication approach and supporting with use of AAC. Further training and supervision can be offered in this area in line with the IDDSI and dysphagia competency framework.
Ingfield Manor school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Any successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- To contribute to the development of the overall programme of the group.
- To take responsibility for the development of particular subjects of the National Curriculum
- To teach a range of subjects across Secondary and Sixth Form
- To be a member of a trans-disciplinary team working with a group of students, meeting all their needs
- To support our innovative use of technology for communication
- To ensure that appropriate record keeping, planning and preparation take place.
- To contribute to and attend Annual Reviews, meetings, etc.
- To provide good standards of physical and emotional care.
- To provide intimate care
- To ensure the physical environment is maintained to high standards of safety, hygiene and presentation.
- To share expertise and knowledge with other members of the team.
- To participate in the staff training and development programme.
- To contribute to the development of aspects of the training programme.
- To maintain good contact with parents or guardians.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably directed by the Principal.
- Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
- Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
- Are you LOYAL are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
- Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
- Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
- Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
Qualified Speech and Language Therapist status and HCPC registration. Knowledge and experience of one key area: AAC; dysphagia; or young people with a neurological impairment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. All applicants must be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, those that are new to care will also be supported to complete the Care Certificate. You will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development
- Internal progression opportunities
- Induction – Support Workers joining us will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to their specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- We’re passionate about putting a smile on the faces of the people we support every day. If you are too, then apply today to join our team