Children’s Residential Deputy Manager | Consett
Children Residential Deputy Manager | Consett
At Salutem, we understand that the work of a Deputy Manager is vital to the success of our operations. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, a strong communicator, and has a proven ability to lead and manage teams effectively. You will help to ensure that our children and young people receive the highest quality of care and support, whilst also assisting with the operational management of our services.
About East Farm
Underpinning our philosophy is our belief that all young people are capable of change, to engage and achieve, leading to them making more positive choices about their lives and their futures. Our aim is to empower each child with the skills to manage risk, help with building self-esteem, build competence and work towards stabilisation after they leave our service.
The trauma-informed approach involves the ‘whole team’ relationship-based approach to support the young person to achieve improved emotional stability, and behavioural control, through the provision of a safe environment in which to explore, understand and develop improved resilience.
Early intervention, problem-solving, social skills, group living, and pro-social modelling form the daily ethos of the homes, which is based on respect, positive reinforcement and positive role modelling.
We see direct intervention with children and young people as having two main areas, firstly to address current issues of risk and harm, and secondly to address underlying vulnerability issues.
What makes Salutem Different?
- At Salutem Care and Education, we recognise the value and wisdom that come from all stages of life. Join our team to be a part of a community that truly appreciates the richness of age diversity.
- We are a Global Top 100 Inspiring Workplace – We celebrate our recent recognition as a top 100 Inspiring Workplace Globally with special recognition for our efforts in communication and employee experience.
- We have a trauma-based approach to working – We are working in partnership with multi-award-winning Innovating Minds, setting a precedent as the first residential children’s home service to take progressive steps to deliver trauma-informed care.
- Our Competency Framework – You’ll have a transparent path to progress through our career pathways and pay bandings. This means you’ll always know exactly what skills and achievements are needed to advance in your career.
- We have developed a core and cluster model – We specialise in supporting children and young people who have emotional and behavioural needs, autistic spectrum condition, and physical / learning disabilities with access to education opportunities being at the core of our work.
– FREE Online 24/7 GP Service for you and your family from a GP who can prescribe
– Wagestream – where any day can be a payday
– Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards
– Sovereign Health Care Plan
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance
– Blue Light Card
– Blink, our internal communications app
– Pension scheme
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
What are my responsibilities as Deputy Manager?
- Assist and support the Registered Manager in all aspects of the residential care of the Ofsted registered home, to provide a high-quality service which meets the individual needs of the children and young people and to help create and maintain a non-institutionalised, child centred safe community home for extremely vulnerable children with Social, Emotional and Behaviour difficulties.
- To provide support so that the young people are enabled to grow in all areas of their lives, to work towards emotional stability and to develop to their full potential.
- Support and supervise the staff team enabling them to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities
- Ensure that all aspects of the service provided meet the quality standards and comply with the Children’s Homes Regulations
- Guide children/young people throughout their placement and in transitions to and from the residential care environment holistically and in line with the quality standards
- Certify that the home is maintaining compliance with the standards and philosophy of care as outlined in the statement of purpose
- Assist and deputise for the home manager in all aspects of residential care at the home
- Take on on-call duties outside of working hours in support of the home dealing with situations in line with children’s homes regulations and company procedures
- Support staff on a day-to-day basis promoting good practice and responding to concerns or first-line complaints.
Minimum 2 years experience working within children’s residential. QCF Level 3 Children & Young People qualification or equivalent. Level 5 – Leadership & Management (preferred not Essential)