Casual Support Worker | Cardiff
Flexi Bank Support Worker
Job reference REQ000610
Date posted 03/06/2020
Application closing date –
Salary From £8.72 per hour
Free DBS Check, Perkbox, Training and Qualification Opportunities, Internal Progression
Whether you’re starting your career or are a seasoned Support Worker, we have a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills at our Children’s home in Pentyrch.
We provide a care support and respite partnership with young people living with physical, learning disabilities and complex needs. We believe the people we support deserve large and colourful lives, that’s why we provide our care support workers with bespoke training tailored to the needs of the people we support.
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker, you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
- Be able to demonstrate a warm, person centred and affirmative approach to young people with physical disabilities
- Administer medication in line with our procedures
- Demonstrate written communication skills, sufficient to contribute to a record keeping system
- Helping people using services perform activities of personal care and activities of daily living such as bathing and using the toilet.
In order to meet our expectations and provide the highest quality of care for people using our services, we provide you with easily accessible training, in specialist fields, to reflect the individual needs of the people we support and your personal development.
- Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
- Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
- Are you LOYAL are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
- Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
- Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
- Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All offers of employment are subject to rigorous pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS, in line with our stringent safer recruitment policy. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, those that are new to care will also be supported to complete the Care Certificate. You will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development
- Internal progression opportunities
- Induction – Support Workers joining us will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to their specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- We’re passionate about putting a smile on the faces of the people we support every day. If you are too, then apply today to join our team