Deputy Manager | Harwich
Deputy Manager, Harwich
Job reference REQ000771
Date posted 4/2/2021
Application closing date 28/2/2021
Free DBS Perkbox Training and Qualification Opportunities Internal Progression
Job category/type Support
Fantastic opportunity to be part of the management team at a Brand-New Service! Are you looking to make a difference to lives, then look no further as we have the role for you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a proactive individual to join us as a Deputy Manager at our New Residential Children’s home, this is an exciting time to join the team and you will be joining a new Service Manager on a journey to take the home to Outstanding.
We are seeking a potential candidate with a strong emphasis on promoting Person-Centred approaches and values in all aspects of the service we provide.
The ideal candidate will have experience of motivating and enabling a team of staff to achieve good outcomes in partnership with the people we support, and with an emphasis on role modelling best practice in a care environment.
You must be 23 years or older to apply for this position due to current children’s care home guidelines.
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker, you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support
- Be able to demonstrate a warm, person centred and affirmative approach to young people with physical disabilities
- Demonstrate written communication skills, sufficient to contribute to a record keeping system
- Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
- Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
- Are you LOYAL are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
- Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
- Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
- Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
You will join us with a Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People, or equivalent qualification, and have been in a management role for a minimum of a year.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. All applicants must be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, those that are new to care will also be supported to complete the Care Certificate. You will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development
- Internal progression opportunities
- Induction – Support Workers joining us will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to their specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- We’re passionate about putting a smile on the faces of the people we support every day. If you are too, then apply today to join our team