Senior Support Worker | Harwich
Senior Support Worker, Harwich
Job reference REQ000895
Date posted 4/2/2021
Application closing date 28/2/2021
Salary From £10.00 per hour
Free DBS Perkbox Training and Qualification Opportunities Internal Progression
Job category/type Support
Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of Children, then look no further as we have the role for you!
Whether you’re starting your career or are a seasoned Support Worker, we have a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills at our Children’s home in Harwich.
We are looking for Senior Support Workers to join our small friendly team supporting young people with emotional and behavioral difficulties. It’s a challenging role but can be hugely rewarding – making a difference to a young person’s life.
You must be 23 years or older to apply for this position due to current children’s care home guidelines.
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker, you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support
key work and liaise with social workers and other agencies, which involves compiling reports and completing weekly and monthly reviews, so computer skills and a good level of literacy is required.
- Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
- Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
- Are you LOYAL are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
- Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
- Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
- Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
Preferably you’ll hold an NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce and have a minimum of a year’s experience working in a children’s home.
Demonstrate written communication skills, sufficient to contribute to a record keeping system
Be able to demonstrate a warm, person centred and affirmative approach to young people with physical disabilitiesAbout us:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. All applicants must be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training/Qualification Opportunities
- Internal progression opportunities
- Induction – Support Workers joining us will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to their specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- We’re passionate about putting a smile on the faces of the people we support every day. If you are too, then apply today to join our team