Catering Assistant | Cardiff
Catering Assistant (Cardiff)
Job reference REQ000452
Date posted 4/2/2021
Application closing date 28/2/2021
Salary From £8.72 per hour
Free DBS Perkbox Training and Qualification Opportunities Internal Progression
Job category/type Support
Whether you’re starting your career or are a seasoned Chef, we have a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills at our school in Pentyrch.
We provide education and care for students and young people living with physical, learning disabilities and complex needs. We believe the people we support deserve large and colourful lives, that’s why we provide our workers with bespoke training tailored to the needs of the people we support.
We are looking for an individual to join the Ancillary team as a Kitchen / General Assistant in this unique setting.
This role will involve kitchen duties and cooking and preparing meals for the weekend. The role will also include general cleaning and as required, directed by the catering supervisor.
The work is enjoyable and in a pleasant working environment. There is holiday pay and good conditions of service.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check (formerly CRB) for regulated activity, and should share our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Any other reasonable duties that may be required at the discretion of the Catering supervisor, or Principal to support the day to day running of the catering department.
At Salutem, you’re not just a worker, you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support
- Be able to demonstrate a warm, person centred approach to young people with physical disabilities
- Support with the preparation of delicious meals
- Demonstrate written communication skills, sufficient to contribute to a record keeping system
- Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
- Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
- Are you LOYAL are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
- Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
- Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
- Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
Relevant qualification or catering experience.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. All applicants must be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training/Qualification Opportunities
- Internal progression opportunities
- Induction – Workers joining us will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to their specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- We’re passionate about putting a smile on the faces of the people we support every day. If you are too, then apply today to join our team